Re: CoBra

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CoBra
From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 13:32:11 -0500
> O.K. Any Mace has stumped me. Anyone know what a CoBra motor for a
> Crosley HotShot is?
>
> Christopher  Ball

That's easy- Copper Brazed. As in, the water jacket. The pre-war, and early
post war Crosleys used this (I think that version was a 2 stroke?)  then
they went to a much better cast iron, overhead cam, 750cc 4, which was
"beefed up" used in many H-Mod racers in the 50's. Especially with the "hot'
crossflow head from the marine version.

The Crosleys were about as close as America came to building a British-Type
car (Other than some built under liscense, like Austins & Rolls). They were
small & archaic, with litle engines. One even won Sebring (index of
performance?) And, other than the Hotshot/Supersport roadsters, they were
ugly as sin...

      Roger Garnett           (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."