Re: British Cars Digest #1507 Mon Jan 2 01:15:00 MST 1995

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1507 Mon Jan 2 01:15:00 MST 1995
From: EMECH@delphi.com
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 1995 19:35:16 -0500 (EST)
RE Datsun carbs and TR4 headgaskets
We owned a 71 240z and loved it but alas, the top did not
retract.  However the Hitachi SU's were a perfect copy of an
HS6 with all of the sore points.  Throttle shaft wear was the
big problem.  'Nuff said.  On my TR4 I placed the new liners on
top of used figure 8 gaskets to measure protrusion.  I clamped
them down with the sme washer and tube deal you would use if
you remove the head and then have to rotate the crank.  The
only sealer used is on the figure 8 gaskets and I favor
Aviation Permatex.  I never use sealer on head gaskets.  Years
ago on Corvettes we would spray the steel shim head gaskets
with aluminum paint just before installing the heads.  My TR4
head is milled .040 and has 35k since the rebuild, no leaks.
Cheers
Jack Emery