Re: Monza Exhausts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monza Exhausts
From: smenzel@halcyon.com (Sandro Menzel)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 17:32:55 -0800
>I'm new to this list (today). I have a 1958 TR3, and  installed a Monza
>Exhaust from TRF. After about a year  I began to notice a nasty rattle from
>inside...TRF said they've had other complaints and replaced the muffler
>with one from a new batch :-). Now the rattle is back! Anyone else
>experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Can't speak for the TR3 Monza exhaust or even one coming from TRF but my
'73 Jensen-Healey has a Monza exhaust (from the PO) that changed its tone
due to similar problems about a month ago. Mine is the front muffler
(baffle?). Rather than spend way too much to replace just the one piece, I
opted to wait for a deal on either the front muffler or a new exhaust
system. I just ordered an entire new NON-Monza exhaust today

This car has only been with me a little less than a year and a half so I
can't attest to the longevity of these parts.

Take care

Sandro

'66 Midget
'73 Jensen-Healey