Spring for Spitfire Clutch Mast

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring for Spitfire Clutch Mast
From: Daren Stone <Daren_Stone@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 94 08:36:43 PST
---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: british-cars-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu at SMTPGATE
Date: 12/16/94 8:34PM
*To: british-cars@autox.team.net at SMTPGATE

Text item:

You might want to give this place a call;

Lee Spring Company
1462 62nd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11219

(718)236-2222

    I have not done business w/them, but I can say from the looks of
their catalog, they can provide you with what you need.

    cheers-
            daren

Author:  british-cars-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/16/94 8:34 PM

I took apart my clutch master cylinder since it had no action; turns out the
internal spring was in three pieces.  None of my catalogs has the spring sold
separately, and I have a problem with buying a new cylinder for a one-buck
part!
 A mechanic I talked to said most of the Spitfire masters he replaces have
broken springs.
Anybody know a source?  Stats are .045" wire dia 3.0" free length 10 full
turns plus ground ends, .562" o.d., .470" i.d.. Numbers are for the actual
part from my digital calipers

Text item: External Message Header