TR-7 performance, Heads, Bumpers, and maybe some other stuff...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-7 performance, Heads, Bumpers, and maybe some other stuff...
From: bearibe@infi.net (Lawrence F. Beals, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 18:54:00 -0500
------------------

>Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 11:45:26 -0600 (CST)
>From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
>Subject: TR-7 performance, Heads, Bumpers, and maybe some other stuff...

  Anyway, the bumpers look pretty bad.  Not horrible (I've
>seen some rubber bumpers that should have been shot), but just faded and
>ucky.  I can't afford new bumpers (still college student!).  I've seen
>some that have been painted. I don't know how I feel about that.  Anyone
>done any sort of rubber bumper resoration?

When the f150 backed up the hood of my TR7 the body shop repainted the front
bumper with a flexible paint.  It looks great and has lasted 2 years so far.
Looks just like a new bumper, going to have them do the rear bumper this
year sometime.  Not sure what type of paint they used but if you are
interested I can ask, I'm pretty sure they said at the time that is was a
"commerical/professional" paint and wasn't readily available.

Larry

Lawrence F. Beals, Jr :  bearibe@infi.net

You can pay me for MY opinion,
but you can't pay me to have YOUR opinion.