Anybody have a TRF car cover?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Anybody have a TRF car cover?
From: "scott (s.) miller" <smiller@bnr.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 14:02:00 -0500
I asked this on the TR8 list recently, so apologies to any wedgies who have
to read this twice.

I need a car cover for my TR8, and was looking in the TRF sale flyer at
# TRFCC411, which is the Technalon cover for 'all triumphs'.
However, the poly/cotton cover comes in two sizes, one for TR7/8 and
74-76 TR6's, and another for the smaller cars.

Does anyone know why the Technalon cover is more 'universal'?   If anybody
has one of these (TRFCC411) I'd appreciate knowing how it fits, especially
on a larger car. (Larger LBC, that is)

The universal cover I have that fits my spitfire is quite a bit too small
for the TR8, so I got to wondering about the universality of universality.

(I emailed this question directly to Dana Henry, too, but got no reply.
 Is Dana still reading the list?)

Thanks,
Scott Miller, in the bowels of Bell-Northern Research         smiller@bnr.ca
.signature USES DISCLAIMER     Ottawa, Canada      aa438@freenet.carleton.ca