Re: info, 69 Spitfire

To: oliverc@cc.tacom.army.mil, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: info, 69 Spitfire
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 15:53:59 cst
Offer him $500. You're looking at a lot of time and bucks to get it
going. I should know. I'm fixing up a 70 Spit.

Subject: info, 69 Spitfire
Author:  oliverc@cc.tacom.army.mil
Date:    12/13/94  1:02 PM

         Need some info on what a 69 Spitfire is worth.  The car is in
         decent shape, body wise it needs a battery box, and front floors.
         The rockers, bonnet, fenders, trunk (boot floor) etc are in good
         shape.  Interior is good, new carpets, door panels, driver seat
         replaced with a passenger seat, but new covers on both (low back).
         Mechanically, it runs.  Could not drive it cuz the brakes go to the
         floor, so coulnd not check clutch, gearbox rear etc.  The front
         bumper/guards are pushed up, looks like the blot on frame
         extensions are bent a little, rest of the frame looks good, ar the
         bonnet fits good.  Milage shows to be 51,000.  None of the
         electrics (lights, flashers, turn signals, blower) work.  Owner has
         owned the car for about a week, said "he got it from a friend at a
         good price, so its for sale if I can get enough out of it."  Any
         ideas on what to offer/ other things to check out?
         Thanks, Chris
         oliverc@cc.tacom.army.mil