Christmas Story

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Christmas Story
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 08:10:37 -0500
>From the December 1994 issue of Triumph Review, the official publication of
the Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club.

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature
was stirring...enough!!!  You've all heard this before. Now let me set the
record straight, THe real story lies in the fact that Santa's sleigh was in
fact powered by Triumph. Without that wonderful product of Coventry, the
gifts never would have been delivered. Reindeer you say? What conclusion
could you draw agter looking at numerous pictures of this wonderful annual
event except that these creatures are really _STAGS_! Not enough? Think of
all the references made to Tiny Reindeer. It suddenly becomes obvious. The
TR is there! And eight of them you say? Was not the prototype TR1, and the
last TR8? Do you need more proof?

Now, lest we offend the drivers of other fine British Marques, who may also
claim to have helped Old Saint Nick make his appointed rounds, let me
digress. MG you say, I think not! After all, what is MG but Morris Garage.
A big yellow cat in the garage? Well now you know why not even a mouse was
left stirring. Although, Morris may be a little active if Rover gets on his
trail (or tail). And what of Morgan? Not even one claim of Mr. Claus on a
horse that I know of. Lotus? Not exactly a Winter flower, most likely found
in Summer, and no substitute for Poinsettias.

Well, there it is, I think that all you TR fanatics can take justifiable
pride in your role in making all the little ones happy come this Christmas
day. Now I think I'll settle down for a long Winter's nap while visions
of SU's dance in my head. Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Written by Keith Nelson

P.S. While you sit around the tree and watch the blinking lights, ponder
this, were they really developed by Lucas?

Doug Mitchell - I only report the news, I don't make it up.