re: Spitfire bumpers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Spitfire bumpers
From: "scott (s.) miller" <smiller@bnr.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 20:27:00 -0500
It has been written that:

>> Good picking of nits.  After reviewing my sources, I too, discovered the MkIV
>> did not have bumperettes.  I'm still convinced that the early 1500s may have
>> had no center box section over the rear bumper and the bumperettes covered
>> the brackets holding the single bumper.
>
>The '73 1500 did not have rear overriders, the '74 did though. I don't
>remember the '74 having the center box section, I think that it was added
>for the '75 model.

I have a '74 1500.  It had bumperettes and no box section.  My bumperettes
were off the car when I got them, and have stayed off.  This makes for a
very clean and attractive rear end, but I hope I don't get in an accident.
There are brackets holding the bumper on, but they're not very sturdy.

(I thought I'd go and tell my wife how to get a clean and attractive rear end
 by removing her bumperettes.  But she'd beat me up.  I'd better not. )

Scott Miller, in the bowels of Bell-Northern Research         smiller@bnr.ca
.signature USES DISCLAIMER     Ottawa, Canada      aa438@freenet.carleton.ca