MGZB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: MGZB
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 1994 19:24:18 MST
@LURK_MODE=OFF

Yesterday Alan <COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com> asked re:
his newly acquired MGZB:

>...But, as near as I can tell, the car serial number is KARC43 21712.
>
>Shouldn't there be a ZB in there somewhere? Can anyone tell from
>the number about when this car was built?

Yo, Alan,

What is this? A Miniac and a ZB nut too? Got any other bad habits you
want to come forward with? A passion for redheads maybe?

My buddy Dominic, who is going to be navigating for me in my Cooper in next
year's rally, also has a ZB. I took your message to him and I grabbed
his numbers so you can compare. His is also a '57, duotone
burgandy/creme. His numbers are as follows:

Car #       KAPC43/2097
engine      BP15HGC/2980
firewall    BMGA 16221
rad support ZAB 020502

You're lucky though, his engine is definatly a 1600, not the 1500 it should
have. He's having BMIHT do the production search for it as well as his 2
Morris Minors so when that comes back I'll update you on what they found.
Dom's books say there were ~23,000 ZB's built from late '56 to early '59.
If the car numbers are sequential then yours would be produced 19615
units after his. That would mean that yours would have to be produced in
late '58.

Hope this helps. (wazza matter, got nothing to tell the Mini-list? ;-)

@LURK_MODE=ON

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut | Go in deeper, come out  *
*voice (403)466-6004                |harder and come from     *
*Edmonton, Alberta, Canada          |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@supernet.ab.ca              |like to race a Mini!     *
'69 Morris Cooper, 39,999.9 Miles and counting!