RE: J.C. Whitney

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: J.C. Whitney
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 1994 01:17:06 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 7 Dec 1994, Rick Colombo wrote:

> J.C.Whitney merged (or was bought by) Warshawsky's, a Chicago based outfit.
> The phone number is 312-431-6102 and the address is:
>
>       Warshawsky
>       1917-19 Archer Ave.
>       Chicago, Ill. 60680

Warshawsky and J.C. Whitney are two names for the same company.  I know
this was the case as far back as the early 1950's, and unless I'm mistaken
it has been that way as long as the two have existed.  At various times in
their history Warshawsky has been the wholesale arm and JCW the retail
arm, but at other times they have just sold retail under one name in some
areas and under the other name in other areas.  The mailing address is
currently the same for both, but at some times in the past they have used
two different addresses (but still in the same building).

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us