CLUB ACTIVITIES

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: CLUB ACTIVITIES
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 11:53:00 -0500
I guess this shows about how far behind I am:

Mark Dodd asks about club activities. I joined the MG Car
Club of Western New York some six years ago. What a great
bunch of people! Sort of an extended family. Ok, so some
of the monthly business meetings get a little long and
tedious. Its the before and after social gathering that
makes the meetings worth while. And all summer the car
park is full with british cars. Our calender looks some-
thing like this:

January -Wine and cheese party   February -brewery tour
        -Monthly meeting                  - Monthly meeting

March - Tour local Brit pub      April -Gourmet dinner
       -Meeting                        -Meeting
       -Auction and Steak Roast

May -Gymkhana                    June -Car Show
    -Meeting                          -Meeting
    -Tune-Up Clinic                   -Garden Tour

July -Rally                      August -Rally and Steak Roast
     -Meeting                           -Meeting
     -Gymkhana

September -Vintage Races at      October -Gymkhana
           Watkins Glen                  -Fall Color Tour
          -Meeting                       -Halloween Rally
                                         -Meeting

November - Members Shop Tour     December -Holiday Dinner
         - Meeting

Seems there is something car related every month. Pick and
choose.Not every event appeals to every member, but, there
is a good mix of activities. And, it seems to work pretty
well as the club is making plans for its 40th anniversary.

On another not unrelated topic, I just acquired a '57 MGZB
Magnette yesterday. Anybody care to offer advice/condolences
owners' manuals, shop manuals, experiences, storage space, spares,
or a source of spares, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Alan