Vanity plate or not to vanity plate

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Vanity plate or not to vanity plate
From: Miq Millman <mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 12:04:45 PST
Well Ray, you could get the plates my 61 bugeye has:  BUH GUY.

Oregon only allow 6 characters, and the plate has this rather larger tree
right in the middle which makes 6 letter words hard to read.  The extra money
for the plate is pretty easy to justify after living in California; in OR, all
cars, regardless of make, model or year are $42.50 for two years
registration.  California has rediculously high rates.  Also in Oregon, I
think you only have to pay for the vanity plate at the onset, but I haven't
renewed it yet, so I don't know.

For me, I think that the plates if used at should should reflect something
about the vehicle they are on, and not some quirk about the owner.  I once
saw a toyota with the plate: ANDY 6   I wondered what sort of individualy
would be so enamoured with their own name that they had to put it one their
car, even after 5 other "Andy's" had already done the same thing. (I verified
that this was the case too)

Vintage plates would be cool too; does Vermont allow one to reregister 35
year old plates on 35 year old cars?  In Oregon, I've seen various old plates
for sale for $50 to $100, I think that would be worth the expense as well.

--
Miq Millman   mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com   503 642 6139   (Aloha site)
AL4-55  Intel, 5200 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124-6497