Re: Cardboard cutouts for remembering dash wiring -- PO bodges

To: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Subject: Re: Cardboard cutouts for remembering dash wiring -- PO bodges
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 11:49:48 -0800
>>> On 12/1/94 "kerch@parc.xerox.com" wrote that the cardboard template trick
>>> might not work on PO bodges. My response......
>
>Hmm. I'll bet my trick with the cardboard cutouts would work even better on PO
>bodges, since the new owner hasn't a correct wiring diagram. At least the new
>owner could reassemble everything the "way it was" and expect the guages to
>work -- provided they worked when the dash was disassembled.
>
>I prefer the simplicity and safety of a new wiring harness.
>
>        Doug
>
>* Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)/Williamstown, MA/ '52 MG TD *

The PO of my TD had a brilliant solution to the problem of 'all those
coloured wires':  He rewired the entire car in white!  I suppose that makes
all the wires interchangable, right?  Did it work?  I don't know; I didn't
even try to apply power.  And yes, I now own a new harness with (hopefully)
correctly coloured wires again.  sf

Stan Fickes                    British Cars
Wireless Communications        1951 MGTD (under construction) NEMGTR 10492
Advanced Technology Group      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite (daily driver)
Apple Computer, Inc.
408 974-7653