Re: oiling leaf springs (again)

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: oiling leaf springs (again)
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 1994 00:25:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Oct 1994, Will Zehring wrote:

> Some time last week, during the discussion of oiling leaf springs, someone
> posted a remark concerning a product (used for motorcycles?) that contained
> a heavier oil dissolved in a volatile solvent, all in an aerosol.  The idea
> being that the aerosol delivers the mixture, the solvent evaporates and the
> heavy oil stays behind to do its lubrication job on some hard to get to
> surface.  Does someone out there know the brand name of this product so I
> can appear intelligent at my local auto supply store

That was my suggestion.  The stuff is called motorcycle chain lube, and
there are literally dozens of different brands.  You're not likely to
find it at an auto supply store, but if you go to a largish motorcycle
supply store you'll probably find several brands from which to choose.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu