Darn door panels!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Darn door panels!
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 16:48:56 -0500
Anyone have any nifty solutions to keeping the vinyl-covered panels
attached to the doors?  My TR6 has developed "flapping panel syndrome",
where one or more of the little clips holding the panel pops out of the
door frame when the door is closed.

I've got some new clips on order from TRF, but the ones already in the
doors don't appear worn or weak, so I'm not too hopeful about this
approach.  Small sheet metal screws (like the trunk panels have) would
work, I suppose, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any less radical/more
creative ideas.

Thanks!

mike.