Scoring

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Scoring
From: FKPA-CR@emh7.korea.army.mil
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 22:45:18 KST (2245Z)
OK.  Seems everyone is counting points lately, but remember:  It's not
important how many times you win or lose but how often you score.  Just like
LBCs, you can't score if they set in the the driveway.

When the Sports 6 had it inaugural showing at Triumphfest it was scored as
"early primative."  What was expected of a car that had been propped up for 10
years.  And, just like other Triumphs, the heat on the passenger's side was a
real cooker, especially driving from El Lay to Palmy Springy.  Lovely Mrs. O
climbed into the back seat (yes, Sports 6' have real back seats.  Ask Andy
about the comforts of the Herald.) to escape the heat.

When the 6 (this is the original 6, 1,598 cc of smooth six-cylinder elegance.
Eat your hearts out 4-pot drivers.) made it's appearance in Vermont whilst the
snow was flying it garnered "Worst of Show."  Good or bad, you have to be
remembered.  Was a fitting departure as Mrs. O held an umbrella out the back
window hole to keep the snow off.

Those of you who have seen the Taxi -- the 2000 -- know it also strives for
memory significance.  At it's showing at Boston's MOT, it was particularly
revolting among such lovely restored cars.  But, my, is it fast and handles
well for a saloon.  It would have scored first in the VTR convention in Albany,
N.Y. if somehow an A-H 3000 had not been considered a TR 3000.  Foul.  All was
saved by the Taxi as its spacious boot stored the beer cooler to turn it into
the saloon in the saloon.  You Royce owners should be so lucky because it has
power assisted steering.   I just wonder how many Amblas were killed to make
the seats?

At least you all can go out and sit in your LBCs.  I remember many
dead-of-winter-my-gawd-it's-cold nights in Omaha sitting in my TR-3 waiting for
the snow to melt with my hand wrapped around the steering wheel.  Ain't to
happen here.

steve oertwig
"Maybe I'll see my babies someday"