Punch/flange tool

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Punch/flange tool
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 10:37:21 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to trouble the list with this.  Someone asked me where to buy a tool
to put flanges on sheet metal so patch panels will fit flush; I've lost
his name/address.  When I answered, I could not find a source of the air
operated tool I use.  I have since been lent a JC Whitney tool catalog (I
did not know they have one) that lists the tool.  I can't be certain it is
identical to the one I have, but it looks the same.  Specifics are:  Air
Punch/Flange tool.  Flanges up to 14 ga material, then punches a .197 hole
for welding.  #81HK1899W, price $64.99.  If it is the same one I have, it
should work very well.  The description doesn't make it clear, but
assuming this is the same as mine, flanging and punching are separate
operations, using different parts of the tool, so one can do either or
both.  JCW's order phone is (312) 431-6102.  The catalog has a lot of
useful-looking stuff.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910