Re: Bodge, bodge, honk, honk...

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Bodge, bodge, honk, honk...
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:51:59 -31702 (PDT)
Ray, I'm not sure if someone else responded to your request for a
steering wheel horn contact brush rod (widget), but I can at least tell
you you're not on a fruitless journey.  (with respect to widget
searching, that is).
        When I worked for the English car wrecking yard, we had a little
cardboard box stocked with used steering wheel widgets. I only remember 2
sizes, short and long.  We also stocked one of the part #'s in new Lucas;
it was the one that fits Triumphs I believe.  So try your favorite mail
order house, they might stock it.
        If they don't have one, do place a call to my former employer,
British Auto Center (206)-935-0872. They may have a used one in the box
or a new one on the shelf.  The owner's name is Rusty, and his attitude
matches his name.  (this is a junkyard afterall).  But he is very
knowledgeable, and should prove helpful.
        Good luck to you and Kermit
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu