Lucas Driving Lights.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Driving Lights.
From: burrelgr@tuns.ca (Gary Burrell)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 94 01:06:05 -0300
Hi, I'm looking for a source for a bulb for my Lucas LR-6 driving lights.  I
think the actual
part number for the bulb is 5704, although the remaining bulb I have has
LR-6 on it.  The bulb
is a sealed beam and I would really like to get the original lucas bulb,
although any substitute
would be better than nothing.

On another note.  Grip re lousy chrome.  I had both the front and rear
bumpers on my 1968 MGB
replaced last year due to people insisting on running into my car.  A year
later the chrome
is cracked and ready to peal,the rust keep showing up on the surface, and
one of the front overriders came off (from the bracket it was welded to) in
my hand.  These bumpers and
overriders came from MOSS but being in Canada it just isn't worth the hassle
to send them back.
(It would probably cost as much to return them as they cost in the first
place)  The question is
how do they get away with selling such lousy stuff.  The old bumpers were
bent and twisted but
after 25 years looked better than the moss ones due after one.  Looks like
I'll try getting them
rechromed.

Anyway cheers from Nova Scotia,  (now if spring would just hurry up and get
here)

                        Gary Burrell