idle problems on a TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: idle problems on a TR6
From: "Hernando R. Cuenca x1390" <HERNANDOC@mdli.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 17:40:55 -0800 (PST)
I have a '73 TR6 which will slowly idle down and die when the engine has
been running for some time.  In the mornings I have no problem with it,
starts up and I'd let it idle for a couple of minutes before heading off
for work.  But by the time I arrive at work (about 12 miles and 15 minutes
later) the car will not hold idle for very long.  I've synched the carbs
adjusted the timing and recently put in a new fuel pump and fuel filter.
Any suggestions?

BTW, all this talk about the stereotypical english car owner kinda makes
me feel like an odd-ball in this group. I'm not white, nor middle-aged
(at least not for a few more years :)) BUT my wife is half English, does
that count?

-Hernando