Peter Egan & Janet Jackson

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Peter Egan & Janet Jackson
From: DANIELS@LMSBV3.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 10:31:31 -0500 (CDT)
Heh - No, they're not an "item".

But anyone caught a glimse of the recent Janet Jackson video (filmed in
B&W) featuring a Porsche Speedster, a Big Healey, and a Karmann Ghia?  Good
car shots, even though they are all dirty.  (No, not *obscene*, just
*dirty*).

And maybe I missed any discussion on this (since it's been out for a
while), but Egan's article in the Oct. issue of Road & Track describes his
adventure about "Going to see a man about a TR4 in a Miata".  How does he
*do* that?  I mean, how does he get all those feelings about such cars as
these actually on paper?  So, does he or does he not buy the TR?  I'm not
telling - check it out yourself.

Also, GREG_SCHUETT@fire.ca.gov writes:
>     A fellow club member (United British Sports Car Club,
>     Sacramento, CA) has been unable to find an ignition switch
>     for his '78 Spitfire.

If this is due to the usual failure mode on these switches, you should be
able to get what you need from The Roadster Factory.  (I did.) Rather than
buying the whole switch, you can get just the "guts" (a ceramic part with
the subharness and switch attached).  You pry the tabs open on the end of
the switch cylinder and just replace this part.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351