Re: Scimi's [Gerry]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scimi's [Gerry]
From: Chris Pallasch <cp@scimitar.pb.owl.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 11:13:15 CET
X-Scimitar-RSOCG-Address=RSOCG,Raiffeisenstr. 17, D-55278 Undenheim, Germany
X-Scimitar-RSSOC-Address=RSSOC Ltd, POBox 67, Teddington, Middlesex,TW11 8QR,
UK
X-Scimitar-Searching=total front coachwork of SS1, front inner wheel arches

Salute Gerry,

  Re:British Cars Digest #1347,Thu Sep 1 15:21:51 MDT 1994
> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 94 10:20 EDT

> From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com

> Subject: Scimi's

> > Scimi's in the States ? There aren't too much as far as I know.

> There are a surprised number of Scimitar's in the States, considering that

> they were never officially imported. So far I have traced 6 SE5 and 1 SE6.

7 cars ? That's realy a lot. In our german Owner's Club we have 21 registered
SE* [+6 to be rebuild], plus 34 [+1 tbr] having in mind, that the ger-uk
distance isn't as far as to the states.
[ 2x SE4a, 1x SE4b, 4x SE5a, 13x SE6a, 1x SE8b (a swiss member)]

> In the last couple of Hemmings I have seen TWO Scimitars for sale, one was

> an SE4 (Coupe - probably the only on ein the country), and the other was

Oh, I realy like the SE4 coupe. From "my" point of view, it's the
best lookin' SE :-) If I had more money to spend on Scimitar's
(Reliant's), my second would be the Sabre 6 cabrio, directly
followed by a SE4.

> an SE5. Earlier this year I saw 2 other SE6's for sale in Hemmings - so

> I would estimate that there are probably around 15 cars around - and I
>thought

> I was the only one - Maybe I should start an owner's club !!! mmmmm -)

Why not ? Our realy huuuuuuggge <g> club has 54 members :) Perhaps
just because of the existance of a club, the number of Scimi-owners
increased and the number of members grew from 25 in 1990 to the
mentioned 54.
Aehm, btw, the UK club has >2800 members. I entered the UK club lately
as club member #2820. Most of them SE owners.

Perhaps you can get in contact with the other state-scimi's, if you
ask the UK Reliant Scimitar and Sabre Owner's Club (RSSOC). Some of
them might be members, even I've never read of a state scimi.
Imagine, there are also SE's (>=2) in Southern Afrika 8-)

       Geoff Eldridge (General Manager)
       R.S.S.O.C. Ltd.
       P.O. Box 67, Teddington Middlesex, TW11 8QR
       Tel 081 977 6625   Fax 081 943 9473

> > If an SE, it might have been Gerry's car.

> Nope - but I will be at the TVR show in NJ in Oct.

Hope you'll enjoy it

        Have a nice trip to the show

              Chris

--
SCIMITAR: If you know someone, who's selling his Reliant Scimitar SS1 (LHD),
          crash car or bad condition, please instantly e-mail me.