Re: YAS (Yet Another Stereotype)

To: meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu (Greg Meboe)
Subject: Re: YAS (Yet Another Stereotype)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 14:20:22 PDT
> On Tue, 4 Oct 1994, Roland Dudley wrote:
>
> > Scott Currier sez:
> >
> > > On another note, I made up SOL stickers and a half-arsed
> > > attempt at decals for Roland (it is a color laser transparency)
> > >
> > > I'm sure Roland can let you know how they look?
> > >

> > They look just dandy and I've given a few out to fellow SOLers.
>
> Roland, you wanna share some info on these stickers?  I've just got a
> dent in my car where it rolled back into another after the E-brake let
> go, and I think some sticker should mark the spot.  I figure one that
> says "SOL" would be most appropriate.

Well, not sure these stickers would be large enough to cover more than
the smallest of nicks but maybe in bunches...

Here's the skinny:  A number of months ago someone posted info about
ordering SOL paraphernalia with logos and I inquired about decals; to
which Scott responded by mailing me one sheet of non transparent
stickers and one sheet of transparencies without stickum.  The size of
the SOL graphics is 1 5/8" X 2 5/8" (sorry metric types; left my meter
stick at home) which makes them just about right for a typical small LBC
windscreen.  I used some 3M spray on Post-It glue to make a decal for
the snake.  This glue isn't all that clear when it comes out of the
spray can in gobs so the results were only so so.  But with the right
glue they would be perfect IMO.  I'm open to suggestions on glue.

I've given most of them away (both the stickers and transparencies)
and am kind of reluctant to part with what's left but maybe we could
prevail upon Scott for some more.  What do you think Scott?  Maybe you
could start up a little business venture here.

Roland