re TR6 U/Js

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested) (Reply Requested)
Subject: re TR6 U/Js
From: "PHIL JONES<PHIL.JONES@BBSRC.AC.UK>" <phil.jones@afrc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 11:00:56 +0100
Hernando R Cuenca wrote about replacing the universal joints on his TR6.
Having done mine in the last year I'd certainly do both inner and outer unless
you are really strapped for cash.  I found it easier to get the drive shaft out
with the rubber boot slid off the U/J.  The originals had wire ties but I
replaced them with a plastic cable tie, seems to hold up OK.

Thanks to all who replied to my query about unleaded fuel.  I have tried two
tankfuls so far and only noticed a reluctance on cold starting.  Perhapls I'll
use leaded every 3 or 4 tanks just to keep the head damage low.
Cheers Phil
Phil<phil.jones@bbsrc.ac.uk>
1975 TR6 (lhd), 1959 MGA (to be restored)
Luton, UK.