[FRIENDLY-MAILER-DAEMON: Returned mail: User unknown]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [FRIENDLY-MAILER-DAEMON: Returned mail: User unknown]
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 12:36:21 -0500

    From: FRIENDLY-MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
    To: gpetrola
    Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
    Date: Wed, 17 Aug

    While talking to triumph.cs.utah.edu:
    >>> RCPT To:<british-car@autox.team.net>
    <<< 550 <british-car@autox.team.net>... User unknown
    550 british-car@autox.team.net... User unknown

       ----- Recipients of this delivery -----
    Bounced, cannot deliver:
       british-car@autox.team.net

       ----- Unsent message follows -----
    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 12:03:42 -0500
    From: gpetrola (Gregory Petrolati)
    To: british-car@autox.team.net
    Subject: Left, Right, Left...Right?

        SOL Brothers and Sisters,

        What follows appeared in a local newspaper. Though it isn't
        exactly LBC content, I thought it did have a certain appeal.

        THE QUESTION BOARD

        Q: Why are cars on the right side of the road in some countries
           and on the left in others?

        A: It is believed that the legacy of driving on different sides
           of the road in different countries comes from the days when
           carriages were in operation and were regularly the victims
           of attacks. In Britain it is believed that the tradition of
           driving on the left came from the preference of passing ap-
           proaching horseman or carriage right-side to right-side to
           facilitate right-arm defense against sudden attack. On the
           continent the preference was for passing left-side to left-
           side because the postilions (a rider mounted on the left-
           hand horse of a pair driving a coach) were mounted on the
           rearmost left horse in a team. These individuals were better
           prepared to battle from the left side.

        I suppose we "Mericans" did it just to be contrary, 'cos the
        guy riding "shotgun" is on the wrong side of the car, er coach,
        or whatever...

                                                Greg Petrolati

    --
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."

        Sorry guys, this got bounced the frist time. My error