Re: Coolant article available

To: Gregory T Fieldson <fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Subject: Re: Coolant article available
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 15:19:33 -31702 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Aug 1994, Gregory T Fieldson wrote:

> SOL'ers,
>
> I have placed a copy of a brief (20kb) article about coolants and corrosion
> on the SOL archiver, as "pub/sol/coolant.txt". I was prompted to research
> and write this after a discussion on coolants in the TR8 mailing list.

        Gregory, I really enjoyed the article.  Thank you for posting
it.  One question I have, I was considering lightly sandblasting the core
of my rad to get off the layers of black paint.  This because I assume
whatever thermoplastic is in the paint is a poorer conductor of heat than
the metal it covers.  I see race cars with bare metal raiators, and I
assume that they're doing this for cooling efficiency.  Please reply.
      Thanks again for posting the article.

                                Greg Meboe