GT6 Heater control valve

To: emp0375@umoncton.ca, british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars)
Subject: GT6 Heater control valve
From: Michael Bayrock <mbrock@gov.nt.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 20:13:56 MDT
Michel Pelletier wrote about a leaking heater control valve in
his GT6 ...

Michel,

I had the same problem in my GT6 many years ago.  Finally, in frustration,
I stopped at the first British Car repair shop I came across, determined
to spend the thousands of dollars required to replace the part.

Surprise - it only cost (if memory serves correctly) $10.00, and the
shop loaned me the tools to replace the part on the spot.

My advice - remove the old part, give it a floatation test, and
replace it with a new part.  The hassle that any other attack plan
will provide ain't worth it.

Michael
mbrock@inukshuk.gov.nt.ca