Re: British Cars Digest #1370 Tue Sep 20 11:27:47 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1370 Tue Sep 20 11:27:47 MDT 1994
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 18:08:42 PDT

|       Gee, I always thought hat Chuck was referring to a "souped
|       up Jimmy"... or a GMC Pick-up truck. 'Just the thing for an
|       aspiring young Cajun would need to get his "mud bugs" to the
|       market...

|               Greg "ole sausage fingers" Petrolati

I think you might be close to right. I remember that back in the 50s
the trick setup for a Chevy 6 sedan was to swap in a GMC 6. I think
the Jimmy was sort of a bolt in but had better ports and much better
oiling. The Chevy 6s had some kind of splash oiling untill sometime in the
mid 50s and had a reputation for not staying together when hopped up.

/Dick (I was a flathead Ford driver)