Re: Obtaining a title to an registered vehicle

To: delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu, streeter@sanders.com
Subject: Re: Obtaining a title to an registered vehicle
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 07:14:48 -0500
NO CHANCE!

Mass. DMV gave me the runaround for 8 weeks....they were the most unhelpful
DMV I've ever dealt with...

Background: I had a 75 Spit w/ no title, but I DID have the and phone # of
the last registered owner in Mass. (by the way I'm in IL). ILlinois DMV wouldn't
touch it w/ out a title.

Get this....first of all Mass DMV told me the last registered owner must
 file for a replacement title. I called the guy (he'dlast seen the Spit 4 years
 ago!!) and he agreed to sign the paperwork and send it in. I prepared all
the paperwork and sent it too him...he signed and forwarded it to Mass. DMV.
By the way, w/out the last registered owners name and address, it's poss. you
are screwed.

Mass. DMV sent him back all my paperwork saying he didn't need a title for
the car because it's pre -76 or something....and yet they told me a
different story. I took this letter stating this to IL DMV, and also
*whisper* 'created' a bill of sale w/ the last registered owners name and sig.
on it! They did the titl paperwork for me on the spot!

Marcus