TR6 soft top questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 soft top questions
From: blaced@CHMA.CIBA.COM (D. Lacey)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 08:24:43 +0200
I just fitted a TR6 soft-top frame and top to my TR4A, as I hoped
it would be more "refined" than the original 4A design. Now I have
some questions about those rubber seals along the frame which I
guess are meant to seal against the top of the windows. Having
observed some other TR6s, I note that the seal never functions, as
the window either fouls on the frame itself, or the glass floats
in mid-air rather than being held against the seal.Can someone
explain: i) Did these seals ever function properly on new TR6s?
        ii) What is the correct positioning of the window glass,
just against the rubber seal, not protruding up against the Velcro
bit?
         iii) Can you adjust the position of the window glass to
make this seal function by moving the height stop and glass runners
in the door alone?

any advice appreciated,

Dave Lacey (`67 TR4A)