Overdrive Parts Query

To: "Scions of Lucas" <British-Cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overdrive Parts Query
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 13 Sep 1994 16:08:16 U
   Overdrive Parts Query

WHEREAS:  Most LBCs (and in particular, Austin-Healeys) used Laycock
deNormanville (sp?) overdrives, and
WHEREAS:  V*lv*s (up somewhere into the 1980's?) also used Laycock
deNormanville (sp?) overdrives, and
WHEREAS:  I have part but not all of an overdrive for a big Healey, and
WHEREAS:  I would like to have a complete unit, and
WHEREAS:  The part I'm missing is the annulus (looks like a funnel with gear
teeth inside the big part and outside the small part of the funnel).
THEREFORE:  I wonder if the guts from a V*lv* would interchange with those of
a Healey, given that they were manufactured by the same company.

Anyone have any experience in this matter?  Any knowledge?  Opinions?

Dave L.