Re: Morris engine numbers

To: TVRVixen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Morris engine numbers
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 08:56:33 -0700
Don,

Thank you _very_ much for the information about A-series short blocks.

Most of my experience with this type of engine is from the Midget
and Sprite cars, and all of those had engine numbers starting with 9C
for the 948cc engine, 10C for the 1098cc engine and 12* for the 1275s.

So, based on your information, there is a very good chance that my
Lotus actually _was_ delivered from Lotus with an A-series engine.

This surprises me, though, since my Seven is a 1964 model, and all
other references to the A-series engined Lotus Seven "A" indicate
that the last one was made in 1961.

Thanks again,

 -- Flemming Larsen                      flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu