RE: British Cars Digest #1344 Tue Aug 30 01:15:01 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1344 Tue Aug 30 01:15:01 MDT 1994
From: hofeldt@vax.ox.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 19:17:00 +0100
Hi All,

Went to the Silverstone 35th Anniversary celebration of the MINI this
last Sunday.  It was quite overwhelming!  There was a line-up of minis,
one from each year from 1959-1994.  All were in very mint condition...
although some of the older ones had been restored.  They had good ol'
mini #1 there was well (displayed by the British Heritage Museum).  Every
bit imageinable was for sale there, including the button-cylinder type
chrome window locks that I needed for my '63 (which everyone always says
aren't available).  Got them genuine and in the original 1960's box.

The 6th Cooper S ever built was for sale.  100,000 pounds was the price.
A Wooden-Picket Mini was 27,000 pounds (special--normally 35,000).  There
were of course reasonably priced vintage minis as well (around 6,000 pounds).
Competition Minis with the 16 valve, twin-cam heads, 12 inch tires, etc.
were also to be seen.

I'll be going again next year (before I return to the US with my 1963
original mint condition little gem), if anyone wants me to get them any
bits and pieces before I return, or if anyone has any 'special' requests
that they can't get in the US for their mini I'd be glad to help.

-Albert Hofeldt

hofeldt@vax.oxford.ac.uk