TR6 Electronic Ignitions?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Electronic Ignitions?
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 09:06:07 -0500
My TR6 has been running oddly lately - every so often, under load, at about
2K RPM, one (two at most) cylinder will miss (completely).  If I change the
load conditions for a second, the problem disappears.  I'm reasonably sure
it's not a fuel side problem.  I took a look at my distributor, and
discovered that the rotor drive shaft has a lot of lateral play.  Since
this is my daily driver, I'm more concerned with reliability and good
running than originality, and I thought perhaps an electronic ignition
might be the way to go.

Before I do it, I thought I'd see if anyone could offer comments on these
beasts in general (vs. a rebuilt distributor), or any experiences with the
various brands available.

Thanks!
mike.

Mike Ladwig                            '61 AH3000 / '75 TR6 / '94 LR Discovery