RE: Oil changes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil changes
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 8:49:31 -0700 (MST)
<Steve Oertwig, FKPA-CR@emh7.korea.army.mil> writes:

> Sports 6 (Vitesse) owners have it much easier for oil changes.  Just raise
> the bonnet, sit on the tire, open the flap that covers the filter and remove
> filter.  At least that is the way my Sports 6 is.  I doubt a PO did this
> little trap door routine since the installation is very good, but it sure is
> handy for oil changes.  Any other Sports 6 owners who can verify this oil
> canister door?

You're kidding, right?  What you describe is convenient, sensible, and
very well thought out.  And you honestly think that Standard-Triumph
did it?????  :)

No, there's no such thing on a stock Vitesse.  You have that rarity,
a sensible P.O. mangle.   Of course, if originality is your thing, it's
time to break out the welding gear....

Dan Parslow
'65 Vitesse, '79 Spit