Re: Sunbeam Carburetor

To: DonBaby58@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Carburetor
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 7:13:52 CDT
Don writes:
> I just recently purchased a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine.  Being fairly new to the
> world of British cars, I have a question about the dual carburetors.  There
> are two intakes on the carburetor manifold; one with a hose running from it
> to the crankcase, the other is capped.  Is this confirguration correct? Or
> should the hose be split so it covers both intakes.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I checked my
Alpine last night, mine is set up the same as yours.  One of the
intakes is capped.  My guess is that this is the factory setup,
although I have no idea why they would machine two intakes and then
block one off.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA