comic strip

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: comic strip
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 15:27:27 -0500 (CDT)
Don't know how many of you see the comic strip "For Better or For Worse"
by Lynn Johnston.  She lives in Manitoba, but the strip is set in suburban
Toronto.  In today's strip, the teenager, Mike, is walking with his girlfriend
before he leaves for college in London, Ontario:

"Rhetta, before I go to London, I want to give you something.  Something
personal.  It's not flashy, or expensive, but it will mean a lot to me if
you'll accept this as a token of my love and affection for you."

"Oh, Michael!  You shouldn't have!  It's..."

"The gearshift knob off a 1962 Jaguar XKE!!  I've had it since I was 5!

Hoping