XJ6 Transmission

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: XJ6 Transmission
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 17 Aug 94 17:32:00 GMT
I have a good friend that is having a Jaguar problem.
He says that the transmission on his '86 XJ6 takes too long to
switch between 1st and 2nd, especially when he first starts out
in the morning.  If he had an American car I would tell him that
he "needs to get his bands tightened."  I know that it was an adjustment
that stopped that slushy feel in a transmission.  Do Jaguar
transmissions act like that?  Can they be adjusted?
I think that I heard someone say that a Jaguar transmission
is a GM transmission in a Jaguar case.  Is that true?
Can he take it to a general transmission shop and get them to
adjust it?  He had the fluid changed and filter changed.
He wants me to help him change transmissions.  I am trying to
decide if he is REALLY that good of a friend !  Any help will
be appreciated

Don Mathis