Re: Gauges

To: legerlotz@smaug.enet.dec.com (Alan Legerlotz .OSI Applications. dtn 226-5744)
Subject: Re: Gauges
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 94 10:56:13 -0400
>From gary Tue Aug 16 11:04:33 EDT 1994 remote from meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 94 11:04:33 EDT
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com (Gary Meadows)
To:   british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '72 TR6 Fan blade query

Fellow SOL'ers,

I took a British co-worker out for a drive in Crumpet the TR6,
and enjoyed the wide grin covering his face when he drove her.
Naturally, he asked to look under the hood.  I was quite shocked
to see that one of the blades on the cooling fan was half gone!

This is the red 13-blade fan.  Is this something I should be
concerned about?  Will the slight imbalance eat my bearings?
Cooling is not a problem, the PO had the radiator re-cored and
I can't hear any different sounds from up front.  Of course, the
dual exhaust drowns out all but the most catastrophic failures.

I'd be interested in buying a new fan from a net.sol'er just to
keep things "right".  From looking at my parts catalogs, it appears
that the 13-bladed fans are history and must be refitted now.

Crumpet says Thank You for your net.britcar.health.care.

Gary T. Meadows                   gary@meadows.salem.ge.com
'72 Triumph TR-6    '94 Nissan Altima     '92 Toyota Pickup