69 tr6 seats

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 tr6 seats
From: gord.mummery@sherdanc.on.ca (Gord Mummery)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 08:53 EDT
Well folks, my restoration is coming along slowly but surely. My front
valance finally came in from england after a 4 month wait. The engine is
now being rebuilt and should be ready for , well, next season :-(.

I was originally hopeing to to drive the car in late May and enjoy a
topless summer, however, due to a number of tuff to get stuff, the best I
can hope for is for my car to be trailered into British Car Day ( a TTC
production ). The restoration place that's  taking care of my "baby" wants
to use it as a basket case to beauty example. This is fine by me as I think
they'll take a little more care with it.

Enough of that lamenting and on to some new stuff.

After spending $399 Canadian on new vinyl seat kit, and trying to recover
the seats myself, I was forced to take the seats to a professional. ( the
seats looked O.K. but not great, the seams would not line up ). The
upholstery guy gave me a estimate of $125. When I went to pick them up the
bill came to $265. He explained to me that the guy who did the work before
did it all wrong and he had to completely redue everything from start :-(
The seats did turn out looking the way I wanted, so I didn't argue the
price.

Now I need some help. I'm looking for the latch that holds the folding
headrest up. One of my seats was missing one. If anyone has a set of
scrapper 69 folding headrest seats and would like to sell the latch, I
would be extermely happy :-)
This would put a good end to a very long and sometimes painful summer.