Hathaway/Hunter kit cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hathaway/Hunter kit cars
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 13:32:47 -0500

        Gentles,

        Is ther anyone who has heard of the Hathaway/Hunter? It is
        (or was) a kit car based on a Triumph TR frame and run-
        ning gear. I'm really not interested in buying one, I just
        want to know whatever became of them.

        I've seen a photo in the Encyclopedia of the Automobile and
        read a very complimentary article in one of the kit car mags
        a few years back. I also heard rumors that the kit was very
        difficult to build (I think there was more metal fabrication
        necessary than your average kit car.

        Anyone of you SOLs got one? D'ya wanna talk about it? The beastie
        sort of looks like a Prewar BMW roadster from the front... the
        back looks like a Morgan...

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."