Re: '49 Triumph, what is that?

To: Jennifer Joy <jjoy@akamai.sps.mot.com>
Subject: Re: '49 Triumph, what is that?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 11:59:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 12 Aug 1994, Jennifer Joy wrote:

> I saw in the local paper yesterday a '49 Triumph roadster.  It
> said it once belonged to royalty (whatever that is supposed to
> mean).  Also project car, and that engine and chassis had been
> rebuilt.  Price was around $3500.
>
> What kind of car would this be, perhaps?  If anyone is interested,
> when I get home I can get the paper and email back a phone number.
>
>        Jennifer Joy  sys/net admin   Motorola/RISC HW  Austin,TX
> jjoy@risc.sps.mot.com 512.891.8561 fax:512.891.3190 pgr:933-7333 #898561

Dear Jen,

It is a 49 Triumph Roadster; you are just too young to remember them.
Depending on the angle from which they are viewed, they are either
attractive or a little funny looking (like a perfectly proportioned car
viewed in a funhouse mirror).  Classical radiator, fat fenders, an oddly
foreshortened appearance with strangely small doors, and a rumble (dickey)
seat with a pop up windscreen.  Very collectable.  You need it, Jen.
Trust me.  It will look great in the yard next to all those V****s.  Your
new husband will understand, and if he doesn't, why should men be the only
ones to have fun convincing their SO's that they desperately need another
derelict car?

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910