non-lbc tops up or down and "cold" buttons

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: non-lbc tops up or down and "cold" buttons
From: pbw@s468.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@s468))
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 12:07:25 CDT
I am a little behind as I get the digest but in defense of those that
drive non-lbc cars with the tops up, in some cases it is dependent on
where you live.  In Texas in August, people that have their tops up are
those with one of those "cold" buttons on the dash.  As most lbcs have
no cold buttons (at least I never found mine :)), it make some sense to
keep the top down.  Note I said some sense--it didn't always help.
When my Spitfire was my daily driver putting the top down provided no
relief in August.  Rather the wind felt like a blast furnace or a
20,000 watt hair dryer blowing straight on you.  I was rather happy
when my wife bought a new car and I inherited her old car with its cold
button.

Pat "alway the old car" Willems
'72 Spit Mk IV (in little pieces)
Flower Mound, TX