Re: car theft and car security

To: uunet!cmb.biosci.wayne.edu!wzehring@uunet.uu.net (Will Zehring),
Subject: Re: car theft and car security
From: capitol!gray@uunet.uu.net (John Gray)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 10:08:48 EDT
I have no direct experience but a company called Quorum from Canada offer a
neat system, if tricky to fit. Simplistically it is a removeable key (the
key contains circuitry) various electrical components are wired through the
key. The key connects 1 to 6, 2 to 3 etc. and there are many variations on
the key. The wires coming into the key are all black so it's not obvious how
to wire past it. Obviously if you try to insert any metal in place of the
key you are going to blow the fuses etc. Not impossible to defeat for a
professional (who would probably tow/trailer it) but very time consuming for
the "regular" thief. Anyone actually using this ?

John