DC Area MGB spotted

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: DC Area MGB spotted
From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 17:00:56 +0600
"jack chelsey <jwchesley@aamc.org>" mentions that he's from the Washington,
DC area.  This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask ever since
we took a little trip that way about two months ago.

On the DC Beltway I spotted a white MGB, with rubber bumpers (I think) and
a fairly prominent decal on the side that proudly stated "MGB V6 - Ford".
What in the world is this?  The decal leads me to believe that this might
be a semi-professional conversion; anybody have any more info?  Does this
car actually belong to any of you?

The fella was driving it enthusiastically, but it looked as though it needed
a ring job...

-todd
todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil

'74 MGB              101K mi
'84 VW Rabbit Diesel 176K mi (broken timing belt; immobile)
'84 Volvo 245GL      173K mi
'85 Nishiki Prestige custom  (not ridden these days; make an offer)

"People said it because other people said it.  They did not know why it
was being said and heard everywhere.  They did not give or ask for
reasons."
                      - Ayn Rand, from _Atlas Shrugged_