'66 Elan S2 SE for Sale

To: UNIXML::"british-cars@autox.team.net"@lotus.com,
Subject: '66 Elan S2 SE for Sale
From: Steven_Jackson.LOTUS@internet1.lotus.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 11:38:50 EDT
Hello Folks:

I'm posting this car for sale for someone in the hope of finding it the right
home.  The car is for sale by its original owner.  It's currently under
restoration at KTR Engineering, J. Geil's (yes, as in the J. Geils Band) race
prep/restoration shop in Ayer, MA.  A tree branch falling the poor Elan's nose
prompted the full restoration.  Chassis and drive train are done.  Body is
almost complete and in primer.  Interior and, of course, remaining assembly
needs to be done.  I'm kinda thinking about buying this car for myself and so I
went out to see the car last evening.  To date, there are $17K US of receipts.
As an educated guesstimate I suspect there's between $3K and $6K US left to
complete a better-than-new restoration, depending on who finishes the work.
Here're the vitals:

'66 S2 SE
engine rebuilt and dynoed at 125 hp
new factory galvanized chassis
factory hardtop
suspension replaced/rebuilt
rolling chassis
3.55 differential
many extra parts

$8,000 US

I have no interest in this car (except that I'd love to own it myself -- having
two wouldn't be bad).  I want to help find one of my all-time favorite cars a
proper home.  It hasn't been advertised yet, but an ad has been taken out in
Autoweek starting next week that will run for a month.

Drop me a line or call me if you're interested.

- Steven Jackson
(617)693-8386