Admin notes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Admin notes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 23:22:06 -0600
I'm almost ready to head for the VTR convention in Asheville, and
cleaning up a few bits of adminstrative stuff on the lists, so I
thought I'd take this opportunity to help folks through the complex
and time consuming methods of dealing with being on the list.  I
realize that this subject is VERY difficult for many of you to
comprehend, but try to bear with me, I'll do what I can to make it as
simple as possible, given the amazingly complex nature of the
material.

Problem: I reply to messages, but never see them appear on the list.

Solution: Make sure you are sending mail to british-cars@autox.team.net
when you want EVERYONE to see it.  Random debris sent to the -request
address will be ignored.

Problem:  You no longer want to receive the SOL mailings.

Solution: Send mail to british-cars-request@autox.team.net.  In this mail
  message, put something like "Please take me off the SOL list.  My name is
  <whatever>, and the address should be <whatever>

Problem: You no longer want to receive the SOL digest.

Solution: Send mail to british-cars-request@autox.team.net.  In this mail
  message, put something like "Please take me off the SOL list.  My name is
  <whatever>, and the address should be <whatever>

Problem: You want to switch from individual messages to the daily digest.

Solution: Send mail to british-cars-request@autox.team.net.  In this mail
  message, put something like "Please take me off the SOL mail list, and put
  me on the digest.  My name is <whatever >, and the address should be
  <whatever>.

Problem: You want to switch from the digest to individual messages.

Solution: Send mail to british-cars-request@autox.team.net.
  In this mail message,   put something like "Please take me off the SOL
  digest list, and put me on the regular distribution.  My name is <whatever >,
  and the address should be <whatever>.

I know there are a lot of AOL subscribers who have no name, they'll just
have to do the best they can when requesting a change to their service.

mjb.