Monza Exhaust

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Monza Exhaust
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 11:10:08 -0400 (EDT)
To Michel Pelletier:

Yes, by the time you convert to Can $ and add in all the other incedental
costs there is very little difference in cost at times - especially on
over size stuff.

I hesitate the say anything about how you'll like the tone of the Monzas
on a GT6, because I love them on the Spitfire but HATED them on the TR6 I
drove one weekend.

My order for the exhaust for the TR3A (also on a Monza -  very nice) was
amusing however, and you can't piece this price ! I ordred it from #%^##%
and got the bill two week later. I had not received the order. I called
them and they said UPS (here we go again) must have lost it. UPS said
they delivered it and it was signed for. I checked my neighbours, etc.,
to no avail. Then I got a UPS bill.

Still no  parts and I won't bore you with the details but two months and
many calls later the UPS paid for the lost and $%^$%^#$ sent me another,
which I paid for happily.

Now the great part. I have had the thing installed for another two months
and the driving season is drawing to a close. I'm sitting in my office at
work (a research library) when I CANPAR driver walks through the library
with a LONG box. You gueseed it - a very beat up looking box with a TR3
exhaust in it. Different courrier, different address, but marked PAID by
the UPS ! Figure that one out. I got a free exhaust from UPS and CANPAR
delivered it.

The driver said it had been in the ware house at Windsor all summer, and
during a UPS strike (that never actually happened) it was moved to his
area for shipping.

So, I did get good service from UPS ONCE - it just took a while !

Chris Ball

(If any UPS people read this I'm only kidding ... just a joke, HE HE)