Re: TR6 spring removal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 spring removal
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 16:43:44 PDT
        > OBTW, I highly recommend the urethane bushings from British Frame and
        > Engine. The upper ones are a nuisance to put in (I'd probably buy the
        > special tool next time, though we finally figured out how to duplicate
        > it with several sockets and a long enough bolt) but I look forward to
        > not ever having to do this particular job again.

                I think you mean lower bushings.  The uppers should be trivial.

Nope, Randall, I said upper and meant it. The replacements from BF&E
are one piece of yellow urethane, mushroomed at both ends, rather than
two tophat pieces with a steel sleeve (the lowers are like that). So
you have to line the bushings up very precisely and press them in very
evenly, or they squirm all over the place.